Suspicious Activities Near and Away From Your House
Surprisingly, the problem of how to deal with suspicious activity near or around your neighbourhood is not as easy as we think it is. Actually, many people are sceptical about what they do when some suspicious event takes place in the where they live. The city of Melbourne is no exception and you will find people content to deal with the problem if it directly concerns them and to leave it to others if it doesn’t. So you are bound to ask some basic questions
What should you do in the following situations?
- Outside your neighbour’s house – People have gathered and causing a ruckus there. The most reasonable and civic thing to do is to let your neighbour deal with the problem. The merry makers may have sought your neighbour’s permission. If there’s no one in the house and its nigh time, call the police to handle it.
- Another activity at the neighbour’s house – You see a man standing outside you neighbour’s house against the fence every evening at practically the same time. Don’t intervene.
- A van outside my house – there’s a van parked in the street opposite your house at the same time for three continuous nights and you are not expecting anybody. Call the police to investigate.
- Anything suspicious around your house – take immediate action and call the police to investigate. The longer you put it off, the more likelihood your home will be burgled.
The more important worry
What you should be worried about most is the very security of your own home. Think to yourself that apart from the activities going on outside, what are the likelihood of the people gaining easy access to your home. If they can enter your house, then you have a very serious problem on your hands. If on the other hand you can safely say they won’t be able to enter then leave things be and focus on your house and make sure the people outside won’t be able to enter your house. You can further bolster your situation in two ways:
- Install a CCTV security system – this is the most efficient way to ensure the safety of your house. The system is absolute dependable, efficient and easy to install by professionals.
- Strengthen your windows – these entry points are regarded by many security experts as being the most vulnerable simply because occupants can forget to lock them securely. Their vulnerability can be minimized with the use of window security films that prevents glass from shattering.
If you want the best CCTV system installed in your house, call us now on 03 8513 0479 for a free quote.